Monday, April 12, 2010

Don't touch me! - I'm contagious!

So I saw the doctor today about me not feeling good today and yesterday, and it turns out that I am infected with streptococcal pharyngitis. Joy!

By the way, streptococcal pharyngitis = strep throat. It's the most common bacterial infection of the throat that one can get. My doctor had a Rapid Strep Test performed, which took a little more than 10 minutes, and it came back positive. They also took a swab for a throat culture which will take a couple of days to develop, so the RST is good because the results come back quickly. They were positive, so now we know I've got strep.  

Since I doubt any of you want to see any graphical representation of this, I'm posting a picture (that I do not own) of a rabbit instead. Enjoy.

Doesn't its cuteness overwhelm you? ^^

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment