Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Joyous News!

Okay, today we got the Wacom (Bamboo) tablets in. Muaha! I was pretty excited for them, though I acted in a pretty subdued manner about it since I'm not always one for extreme reactions. Plus, in New Media it's always the end of the day so I feel real mellow and quiet...and not my usual diabolical self.

I came in late again today, since I had been talking with my history teacher about matters of national security important stuff. Walking in, I found the tablet ready to go at my computer. Michael got to it before I did, and he did some pretty neat stuff with it to be honest. (He should look into that stuff a bit I think.)

It's only the first day, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm likin' the pressure sensitivity and the eraser function. (Yeah, I'm a n00b with tablets so it's kinda cool for me even though I am aware that it's not exactly super new tech.)

The first thing I screwed around with was drawing an eye, which I erased, and then I drew a cartoonish looking evil acorn. It was kinda cool, maybe I'll post it on here.

The last thing I worked on was part of something I'm doing for a movie we're doing in class; a poster of Big Brother. I've got a basic sketch done and the head and face are fine, but I need to work on the suit a bit and the positioning of the arms. He's a late turn-of-the-century Englishman. Inspirations include Lord Kitchener, what I thought the KFC man's uncle would look like, and a picture of some random guys from the 1910 standing around, proudly displaying their mustaches.  

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment