Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Unending Darkness

Okay that title was just to grab your attention. It's much better than a long drawn out scream of frustration though isn't it? Well that's what I wanted to make the post titled so I did "The Unending Darkness" instead, since I suspect you're all tired of seeing things written in all-caps.

I first embarked upon the quest towards college a while ago, and at first I thought that through ought the journey there would be some awful monster accompanying me, leaving me to cringe in fear of it until I reached my destination at some daunting place. Now, I feel the journey is actually more stressful than frightful. The destination still looms, however it is now far more inviting and mystical than it once was.

Thanks to Pennsylvania U, I now have a list of 5 majors that I'd like to further explore. They are:

  • Visual Studies (Art)
  • Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
  • Linguistics
  • Physics and Astronomy
  • East Asian Languages and Civilization

The problem is, is that I like everything. There's more that I want to do in life that's not represented on that list. I'd like to get into programming and maybe some engineering, as well as some type of history/anthropology, psychology, film, and computer animation. Also, beekeeping and aviation.

There's still time to decide, and I'm hoping things will fall into place as I go on in these next few years of life. I can always learn to fly a helicopter, learn Korean and Swedish, and work on artistic pursuits while I keep my main job as some type of physicist...or not. Hopefully I will though.

One career option I'm unsure about though is entomology. It's always been a hobby of mine and whenever I go and dig deeper I really really enjoy it, but I don't know. I feel a bit overwhelmed right now....

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment